Illustoria Issue 6 - Symbolsillustoria
Illustoria is a print magazine for creative kids, 6-12 years, and their grownups. It celebrates visual storytelling, makers and DIY culture through stories, art, comics, interviews, crafts and activities. Each issue features the creative original work of dozens of contributors (artists, storytellers, performers, chefs, makers), quality DIY activities for kids, music & book reviews, a recipe, coloring pages, and drawing and writing activities. A great medium for engaging across generations.
The Symbols issue explores how we find meaning in letters, shapes, objects, and more through stories, comics, interviews, and activities. This issue features Yuko Higuchi, known for her "dark kawaii" artwork; Shawn Harris, on drawing Her Right Foot, written by Dave Eggers; a stunning comic by issue 6 cover artist Marina Muun; the next segment in the popular Literary Giants as Kids series, featuring Dr. Seuss; a beautifully illustrated story on The Quiltmakers of Gee's Bend; DIY CD mandalas; the always gorgeous artwork and informative text in the Brief History of Color series, featuring Yellow Ochre; a tasty recipe for veggie curry; DIY cursive letters; collectible cut-out tarot cards; and so much more. See also Issue 5 about Motion.
Final Sale - No returns or refunds
- Ages: 6 - 12yrs & their grownups
- Materials: full color, high-quality, recycled matte cover stock, soy-based inks
- Editor-in-Chief: Joanne Meiyi Chan
- Creative Director: Elizabeth Haidle
- Cover art by Marina Muun
- Contributors: Yuko Higuchi, Esmé Shapiro, Cynthia Alonso, Rachel Garrison, Marina Muun, Maggie Wauklyn, Kinoko Evans, Julie Cloutier, Claire Nereim, Shawn Harris, Claire Astrow, Elizabeth Haidle, Alexis Joseph, Lindsay Stripling, Turtle Wayne
- Dimensions: 64 pages; 8.5in x 10.5in
- Origin: USA