A tender, luminous portrait of art, nature, and connecting across generations. When a young girl moves from the country to a small town, she feels lonely and out of place. But soon she meets an elderly woman next door, who shares her love of arts and crafts. Can the girl navigate the changing seasons and failing health of her new friend? Acclaimed author and artist Julie Flettís' textured images of birds, flowers, art, and landscapes bring vibrancy and warmth to this powerful story, which highlights the fulfillment of inter-generational friendships and shared passions.
See our full selection of Picture Books.
Find more Bird theme products.
- Ages: 3 to 8 yrs
- Materials: Hardcover
- Imprint: Greystone Kids
- Author/Illustrator: Julie Flett
- Dimensions: 48 pages; 10in x 10in
- Origin: Printed in China
- ISBN: 978-1-7716-4473-0
- An American Indian Youth Literature Honor Title
- A 2020 Boston Globe-Horn Book Award Honor Title
- A Best Book of 2019 in Publishers Weekly, School Library Journal, Kirkus Reviews, and Horn Book.