Illustoria Magazine - Issue 9: Foodillustoria
Illustoria is a print magazine for creative kids & their grownups. It celebrates visual storytelling, makers and DIY culture through stories, art, comics, interviews, crafts and activities. This high-quality, tri-annual publication is geared toward readers ages 6 to 12 and the young at heart. Illustoria is the official publication of the International Alliance of Youth Writing Centers, publishing writing and art by young people alongside accomplished professionals. Each issue features the creative original work of dozens of contributors (artists, storytellers, performers, chefs, makers), and is a great medium for engaging across generations.
The Food issue explores the history of eating and the future of food! From food justice to Norse mythology, this issue is filled with articles, comics, DIYs, and recipes that you’ll want to savor. Youth artwork and voices are championed in this issue, with ultra-inspiring interviews with food activist Rachel Parent (founder of non-profit Kids Right to Know), Ziyon Williams (volunteer at urban farm Acta Non-Verba), and Mikaela Ulmer (founder of lemonade company Me&theBees). Discover instructions for broiled grapefruit, heartwarming pottage, pancakes for your dogs, and paintbrushes foraged from the wild!
Find more Illustoria issues HERE.
Find more books about Cooking HERE.
- Ages: 6 to 12 years & their grown-ups
- Materials: full color, high-quality, recycled matte cover stock, soy-based inks
- Cover Artist: Mar Hernandez
- Featured Contributors: Tunde Olaniran, Alexis Joseph, Lindsay Stripling, SF Based Art Supply Shop, Hein Ko, Mikaela Ulmer, Sister Pie, Rachel Parent, Charlotte Ager
- Dimensions: 64 pages; 8.5in x 10.5in
- Origin: USA