Illustoria Magazine - Issue 13: Mapsillustoria
Illustoria is a print magazine for creative kids & their grownups. It celebrates visual storytelling, makers and DIY culture through stories, art, comics, interviews, crafts and activities. This high-quality, tri-annual publication is geared toward readers ages 6 to 12 and the young at heart. Illustoria is the official publication of the International Alliance of Youth Writing Centers, publishing writing and art by young people alongside accomplished professionals. Each issue features the creative original work of dozens of contributors (artists, storytellers, performers, chefs, makers), and is a great medium for engaging across generations.
In the Maps issue explores the question "What does it mean to map a place, or an inner world?" In this issue, you’ll find maps that are ancient and new … and imagined! Hear from an oceanographer who maps the sea floor, and meet a teenaged climate activist working to save our planet. Draw a treasure mashup map with friends, diagram a mind map using our story-starter cards, and bake a taco boat to let your taste buds sail away.
Find more Illustoria issues HERE.
- Ages: 6 to 12 years & their grown-ups
- Cover Artist: Tom Patrick
- Featured Contributors: Wendy MacNaughton, Charlotte Dumortier, Anis Mojgani, Maggie Chiang, Marcellus Hall, Christina Sporrong, Dr. Dawn Wright, Young writers of 826 NYC, Fabrica de Historias, Grimm & Co
- Materials: full color, high-quality, recycled matte cover stock, soy-based inks
- Dimensions: 64 pages; 8.5in x 10.5in
- Origin: USA