Illustoria Magazine - Issue 12: Upcycleillustoria
Illustoria is a print magazine for creative kids & their grownups. It celebrates visual storytelling, makers and DIY culture through stories, art, comics, interviews, crafts and activities. This high-quality, tri-annual publication is geared toward readers ages 6 to 12 and the young at heart. Illustoria is the official publication of the International Alliance of Youth Writing Centers, publishing writing and art by young people alongside accomplished professionals. Each issue features the creative original work of dozens of contributors (artists, storytellers, performers, chefs, makers), and is a great medium for engaging across generations.
The Upcycle issue explores the wide world of creative re-use! Meet artists who transform found objects into visual delights, and visit the Museum of Trash–curated rubbish collected by a sanitation worker. Learn about fungi, nature’s original ‘upcyclers’, and raid your kitchen for materials that can be used to mix your own watercolors. Interactive pages, scattered throughout, invite readers to ‘upcycle’ this magazine by getting involved. Join in the joke-telling, book reviewing and playlist-making. Activities, games and DIY projects also revolve around this eco-friendly theme.
Find more Illustoria issues HERE.
- Ages: 6 to 12 years & their grown-ups
- Cover Artist: Matt Forsythe
- Featured Contributors: Maggie Chiang, Marcellus Hall, Anis Mojgani, Nelson Molina, Young writers of 826CHI, Santa Cruz Young Writers, Sabine Timm, Joshua Borokinni
- Materials: full color, high-quality, recycled matte cover stock, soy-based inks
- Dimensions: 64 pages; 8.5in x 10.5in
- Origin: USA