Illustoria Magazine - Issue 11: Creaturesillustoria
Illustoria is a print magazine for creative kids & their grownups. It celebrates visual storytelling, makers and DIY culture through stories, art, comics, interviews, crafts and activities. This high-quality, tri-annual publication is geared toward readers ages 6 to 12 and the young at heart. Illustoria is the official publication of the International Alliance of Youth Writing Centers, publishing writing and art by young people alongside accomplished professionals. Each issue features the creative original work of dozens of contributors (artists, storytellers, performers, chefs, makers), and is a great medium for engaging across generations.
In the Creatures issue you’ll find a parade of real, imaginary, and ugly animals, including zooplankton—the tiniest creatures. You’ll meet wildlife specialists and medieval-era pets. Trace your pencil along the 3-D Monster-maze and create textured creature rubbings with us. Meet Dog-Chef, who will help you whip up a snack station for your bird pals. Plus, find short stories and poetry by young writers throughout this issue. Enjoy these beastly and beautiful creatures and then try drawing or writing about your own creatures!
Find more Illustoria issues HERE.
See more books about animals HERE.
- Ages: 6 to 12 years & their grown-ups
- Cover Artist: Tom Bingham
- Featured Contributors: Jessie Jacobs, Sessa, Paolo Puck, Shawn Harris, MeowWolf, Charlotte Ager, Carson Ellis, Young writers of Little Green Pig, 826LA, Noordje, Story Planet, W*ORT
- Materials: full color, high-quality, recycled matte cover stock, soy-based inks
- Dimensions: 64 pages; 8.5in x 10.5in
- Origin: USA